We are Christians.
We embrace the Christian faith. We embrace those basic convictions that have been believed by the church throughout history and are confessed in the historic creeds of the early church, especially the Apostles' and Nicene Creeds.
- We believe in the Trinity. There is one God, who eternally exists in a communion of three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the incarnation of Jesus Christ. He became man and is both fully God and fully human.
- We believe in the atonement of Jesus Christ. He died on the cross and was raised from the dead for the salvation of his people.
We are Evangelical.
We uphold the beliefs of the historic Christian faith.
- We believe in the authority of Scripture. We believe that the Holy Scriptures are trustworthy and are our ultimate authority for our beliefs and lifestyles. We believe that the Scriptures are inspired by God, infallible, and inerrant.
- We believe in God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons.
- We believe in our need for salvation. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- We believe in God's Church. The true Church is composed of all persons who through, saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, are united together in the body of Christ.
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- We believe in our role to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Jesus commands all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations.
- We believe God is in control of all things and is the authority over all things. God is sovereign in our salvation and is the author of our salvation. Because we are sinful, we are unable and unwilling to come to Christ apart from the work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is Lord over the totality of life. We do not draw a dichotomy between “sacred” and “secular.” This means that our vocations (work) are just as important as church vocations. Every arena of life is to come under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These sacraments are a visible display of God’s work in our lives.
- We believe in God’s grace for our salvation. The Scriptures show us our condition and the work that God would do to rescue us from our sin.
Cornerstone is a Presbyterian church, affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). To learn more about the EPC, click the button below.
Our Teaching Team
Have questions about what we believe? Get in touch with a person on our lead team directly by clicking the button below. Or better yet, visit us in person!