We want children to know Jesus intimately.
At Cornerstone Kids, we believe in partnering with families to help kids discover and delight in God. We are passionate about loving children, empowering them to think critically and creatively, and seeing the gospel transform the lives of our children as they learn about their Savior, Jesus Christ. We want children to know Jesus intimately. For this reason, our curriculum is Bible-based and gospel-centered.
What to Expect on Sundays
Nursery staff are paid professionals who are trained and background-checked. The nursery is cleaned routinely and provides age-appropriate toys and enrichment.
TRADITIONAL SERVICE (9:00)
We provide nursery care for children zero to three years old.
Check-in begins at 8:45am and ends at 9:10am.
MODERN SERVICE (11:00)
We provide nursery care for children zero to four years old.
Check-in begins at 10:45am and ends at 11:15am.
There is a check-in counter downstairs that is supervised by the Children’s Ministry Director or volunteer.
Check-in is digital so children receive a name tag with a unique security code. This security code is printed for parents to present at check-out for security purposes.
The Children’s Ministry Director or volunteer will then direct families to the nursery where nursery staff will receive them.
If you prefer to keep your child with you and need a place to feed, change, or soothe your baby during worship, take advantage of our Family Room at the back of the Worship Center (lefthand side). We keep it stocked with supplies so that you have everything you need to care for your child and still participate in the service!
Please note that the window is two-way glass.
All Sunday School volunteers have received background checks and are trained in classroom management, emergency protocols, and child safety.
- Check-in is from 8:45am-9:10am supervised by the Children’s Ministry Director or volunteer.
- Located at the counter downstairs.
- Check-in is digital so children receive a name tag and parents will receive a unique security code to present at check-out.
- The Children’s Ministry Director or volunteer will then direct families to the large group room where two or more volunteers will receive them.
BIBLE VERSE CEREMONIES:
- Each month of Sunday School revolves around a central theme and Bible verse.
- Children create hand motions for every verse and teach the motions to the class. They then practice their verse for the duration of the month.
- At the end of each month, we conduct a Bible Verse Ceremony during which children will individually recite that month's Bible verse in front of their class and families.
- Upon successful recitation, children receive a certificate of recognition signed by the Children’s Ministry Director and Lead Pastor.
- The ceremonies are from 10:15am-10:35am every last Sunday of the month.
- We are currently using The Biggest Story Bible Storybook Curriculum to walk through God's Big Story.
- We connect each lesson by creating monthly themes that are broken down into four to five connected lessons taught each Sunday morning.
- These connected lessons revolve around their own “Bottom Line” that we want children to walk away knowing; this is a one-sentence life application statement that communicates an important truth about God.
- We supplement Bible lessons with science experiments, games, and crafts that further enrich our learning.
- We use a variety of Bibles to help us learn about God. These include The Action Bible, The Biggest Story Bible Storybook, The Jesus Storybook Bible, and The Hands-On Bible.
- When the service is over, parents will pick up their children in the large group room by presenting their unique security code.
- Children leave with a take-home bag that includes an events flyer, newsletter outlining our lesson, and materials to continue working on their lessons at home.
Cornerstone Kids Music Program
Following Sunday School, kids have the option to be escorted to music class. Here, they learn how to read music and engage with various instruments. They will occasionally prepare material to sing or play during our church services. Music class is from 10:15 to 10:50am in the choir room downstairs and is led by Deb Harris, the director of Traditional Worship, and Alicia Johnson, a fellow musician. Contact Deb Harris or Ashleigh MacGillivray if you are interested in participating!
Serve in the Children's Ministry!
Resources for Parents
Parents, here are some resources to encourage you and help you reinforce the lessons your children are learning each week!
If you have further questions concerning our Cornerstone Kids experience, we encourage you to click the button below. We look forward to seeing you soon!