Modern Worship Leader Position
At Cornerstone we’re creating disciples who love God, love people, serve others and serve our city and beyond. We’re passionate about what Christ has called this church to do and are looking for a full-time Modern Worship Leader who shares our excitement and commitment to share the good news!
As a member of the Cornerstone Team, you will:
- Coordinate and oversee the musical worship experience for our Modern Worship Service.
- Lead multiple contemporary music teams, comprised of people with diverse gifts, skill sets, and backgrounds to blend into a unified whole.
- Lead creative planning of weekly musical sets.
- Recruit and develop gifted musicians with a heart for Jesus.
- Maintain a regular weekly rehearsal schedule.
- Work weekly with pastoral staff to ensure that music complements the preaching of the Word.
- Oversee the proper care and upkeep of all worship equipment.
- Works closely with A/V volunteers to ensure quality of worship presentation.
- Lead in the creation, acquisition & planning of worship slides and video enhancements to complement the overall worship experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be devoted to Jesus.
- Demonstrate Christian testimony through membership and active participation in a Christ-centered congregation.
- Be experienced in leading diverse musical teams.
- Possess a creative spirit and enthusiasm for working in a team environment.
- Have a strong musical background.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- Engage fully in the life of this dynamic church.
If you meet these requirements and think God is leading you to this position, we want to hear from you! Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, 13300 Kenneth Road, Leawood KS 66209.