Youth Missions Trip to Loveland, CO
Dates: Saturday, June 19 to Friday, June 25
Payment Schedule: $200 due May 15; remaining $200 due June 19
Registration Deadline: May 15
Payment Instructions: Scroll down for details.
We are excited to announce that our Student Ministry is going on a Summer Missions Trip to Loveland, CO this June! As in years past, we are partnering with Group Mission Trips, an organization with decades of experience in leading youth to serve Jesus all across the country.
Because of COVID and time constraints, we only have 12 spots available (6th-12th grade). The cost per student is $400.
You will find two sign-up links below: one for Group Missions and one for Cornerstone. Filling out both forms registers your student for the trip.
The first payment of $200 will be due to Cody Pritchett, Youth Ministry Director, by May 15th via check or online payment. The second $200 payment will be due upon departing on June 19th.
For those who register, there will be a Missions Trip Parent Meeting in late May/early June to prepare for the trip.
Online Payment (Recommended):
- Visit Cornerstone's Online Giving Page.
- On the "Fund" dropdown menu, select Youth Ministry Events.
- In "Comment" section, indicate the student's name and "Youth Missions Trip" (i.e., "John Smith - Youth Missions Trip").
- Enter the amount in the "Amount" box.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Fill out check to Cornerstone Presbyterian Church.
- Write "Youth Missions Trip" on memo line.
- Mail or hand-deliver to: Cornerstone, Attn: Cody Pritchett, 13300 Kenneth Rd., Leawood, KS 66209.
All participants, including adult chaperones, are required to have a notarized consent form on file at Cornerstone. Download the forms here.
Group Mission Trips provide a great way, in a safe environment, for your student to gain skills they will use for the rest of their lives, including:
- Leadership: Your student will be assigned to a supervised crew of 6 where they will fulfill 1 of 6 specific roles and work together to complete a service project or repair a home for a resident.
- Teamwork: Your student will come together with other youth in our group, working as a crew to accomplish a goal that is bigger than each of them individually. They will make a lasting impact by providing a source of hope to those they serve.
- Problem Solving: Your student will work with 4 other youth and 1 adult to transform a home or serve a local agency where they may come up against obstacles, such as miscommunication or difficult people. Every year crews find creative and clever solutions to accomplish their tasks.
- Confidence: Your student will learn they can work with many different people to serve and accomplish huge tasks on their own. Many often arrive thinking they do not have the necessary skills or cannot do this without parental assistance, and leave knowing they can positively influence and change lives.
- Compassion: Your student will work with people from different walks of life which may be different than those they come into contact with at home. This gives teens and pre-teens a great perspective – the reward is as lasting for them as it is meaningful to those they serve.
- Spiritual Growth: Your student will attend morning and evening interactive programs that guide their faith in Jesus to become more powerful and real. There will also be devotions during lunch and opportunities to discuss all they are experiencing with our youth group in the evening. This year’s theme is "Worth It," and participants will be taking a look at the story Jesus told about the prodigal son. They’ll discover how, no matter what, they are worth it to Jesus!
Students who have attended Group Mission Trips have said they grew closer to God, grew closer to people in their youth group, and that they wanted to serve on another trip! Parents have seen their kids come home excited, positively impacted by their service experience, and committed to continuing their spiritual journey with Jesus.
Please encourage your student to attend our youth group’s Group Mission! And get them signed up soon...the spots are limited!
Questions? Contact us!
If you have any questions related to the trip, contact Cody via the button below!