On-Site Worship Services
Cornerstone is offering limited seating for in-person worship on Sundays at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. These identical services will be shortened, 45-minute gatherings that blend traditional and modern worship. Seat reservations are required. We will also continue to offer prerecorded online worship every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. on our YouTube Channel.
To reserve your seats, click the button below. If you do not have internet access, you can call the church office at (913) 738-5250 ext. 108 and register by Thursday at noon for the coming week's service. Before joining us for services, please review the guidelines on this page for your health and safety.
Guidelines for Gathering
The Cornerstone leadership offers the following guidelines for gathering:
- We want to encourage any of you who are age 60+, have serious underlying health conditions, or who are not comfortable with being in a public setting at this time to remain home for your safety. We love you and long for the time when we can all socialize together. We will continue to provide online worship every Sunday through YouTube. The same sermon will be preached online and during our live worship service.
- Since seating capacity will be limited to 65 people per service, you will need to make reservations each week for you and any household members who will join you. Sign up here. If you do not have internet access, you can call the church office at (913) 738-5250 ext. 108 and register by Thursday at noon for the coming week's service.
- We will maintain social distancing at all times while inside the building, requiring a minimum of 6 feet between you and other households. We will sit in every other row and ask you to keep three empty seats between you and your neighbor on either side of you.
- For everyone's safety, masks will be required at each service. If you forget your mask, you can pick one up at the Welcome Desk when you arrive.
- At this time, we are not able to provide childcare or Cornerstone Kids during our services. We encourage you to worship with us together as a family.
- We will not be collecting offerings during our services. You are encouraged to continue online giving or use the collection boxes that are located at each door of the worship center.
- At the conclusion of each service, you will exit row by row from the back to the front. We will not be serving coffee or donuts.
- We encourage you to make use of hand sanitizers available throughout the open areas of the building.
- If you are sick or have a temperature, please remain at home.
- Lastly, demonstrate patience (maybe that should be first!).
We will continue cleaning and sanitizing our facility to the highest possible standards. This will include re-sanitizing surfaces and high-contact areas between services. Our volunteers will open all doors for you, minimizing contact. We will limit traffic flow to one entrance and limit access to other areas of the building. The basement will remain closed.
At this time, our staff will continue to work remotely and our Connect Groups will continue to meet online via Zoom.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I still send mail to Cornerstone?
A: Yes, mail is being held at the post office and picked up once a week. Processing checks sent through the mail during this time has been significantly hindered, so we are encouraging online giving.
Q. How can I give my tithes and offerings during this time?
A. Please note that if you mail a check to Cornerstone, there will be a significant delay in processing and depositing your check. We are encouraging online contributions. If you still prefer mail, please send your checks to Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, 13300 Kenneth Road, Leawood, KS 66209.
Q: Is the staff still working now that the office is closed?
A: Yes. All staff are currently working remotely (from home) and can still be reached via their Cornerstone email addresses and work phone numbers, just as if they were physically in the office.
Q: Is the church building available for groups to use?
A: No. To limit the spread of the coronavirus, all activities in the church building have been suspended.
A Call to Prayer
We are calling on all of our Cornerstone family to join us in prayer each day from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. We have all experienced upheaval in some way or kind. Our daily routines are now very different. Now is the time to add prayer into your new pattern of life.
The New City Catechism taught us that prayer is pouring out our hearts to God in praise, petition, confession of sin, and thanksgiving. In our time of trouble, let us run to God. Let’s pour out our hearts together each day at 3:00 p.m.
Use the following resource to guide you in your prayers. Click the button below to download a copy that you can print out and put in your Bible or post on your fridge for daily access.
We will continue to add information to this page as it becomes available and encourage you to check back frequently for updates.
Thank you for being a community that loves God, loves people, serves others, and serves our city and beyond!