We invite you to join us for Sunday worship!
Cornerstone is offering in-person worship on Sundays at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. During the pandemic, we are blending our traditional and modern services into two identical, one-hour gatherings. Our Cornerstone Kids program is held during the 11:00 a.m. service on our lower level, and nursery care is available for babies and young children during both services. We invite you to join us!
Not able to attend? No problem! We are continuing to offer online worship every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. on our YouTube Channel.
Guidelines for Gathering
The Cornerstone leadership offers the following guidelines for gathering:
- For everyone's safety, masks will be required at each service. If you forget your mask, you can pick one up at the Welcome Desk when you arrive.
- Nursery care is available for babies and young children at both services.
- At this time, our Cornerstone Kids program for ages 3 through 5th grade is offered during our 11:00 a.m. service (only). Masks are required, and social distancing practices are in place.
- We will maintain social distancing at all times while inside the building, requiring a minimum of 6 feet between you and other households. We will sit in every other row and ask you to keep three empty seats between you and your neighbor on either side of you.
- We will not be collecting offerings during our services. You are encouraged to continue online giving or use the collection boxes that are located at each door of the worship center.
- We encourage you to make use of hand sanitizers available throughout the open areas of the building.
- If you are sick or have a temperature, please remain at home.
- Lastly, demonstrate patience (maybe that should be first!).
We will continue cleaning and sanitizing our facility to the highest possible standards. This will include re-sanitizing surfaces and high-contact areas between services. Our volunteers will open all doors for you, minimizing contact. We will limit traffic flow to one entrance and limit access to other areas of the building. The basement will remain closed.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this unusual season!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I still send mail to Cornerstone?
A: Yes, mail is being delivered daily at the church.
Q. How can I give my tithes and offerings during this time?
A. Please note that if you mail a check to Cornerstone, there will be a significant delay in processing and depositing your check. We are encouraging online contributions. If you still prefer mail, please send your checks to Cornerstone Presbyterian Church, 13300 Kenneth Road, Leawood, KS 66209.
Q: Is the staff still working now that the office is closed?
A: Yes. All staff are currently working remotely (from home) and can still be reached via their Cornerstone email addresses and work phone numbers, just as if they were physically in the office.
Q: Is the church building available for groups to use?
A: Yes, groups may use the facility on a case-by-case basis. Reservations are required, and all COVID safety protocols must be followed.